Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon: Day 3


Wednesday, Jan. 23
# of pages read: 18
Books read:
Versailles: Biography of a Palace
Northanger Abbey
Books finished: 1
Total # of pages read: 181

7:21 pm: It's simply terrible, but I have read a grand total of....3 pages today. So little reading is almost shocking, but I've been spending the day doing things I really needed to do and so reading got unfortunately shunted aside. 

And even now that I have time to read, my reading for the rest of the night will probably suffer because I've been alone in the house for several hours and I'm starting to feel very gloomy just sitting here silently! The 3 pages I have read haven't boosted my spirits much. Well, I'll probably give Northanger Abbey a go, and if I need a quicker pick-me-up I'll probably end up making brownies from a box and watching a movie. (Oh, the horror!) Hopefully I'll be able to do just a tad better tomorrow! (Maybe while the sun is still shining?)

9:42 pm: I actually got a little bit of reading done after my last update. I read 15 pages of Northanger Abbey and thoroughly enjoyed them before turning on a movie for some background noise. 

Now might be a good time to say that the version of Northanger Abbey I'm reading is actually part of a collection of Austen's novels, and the type is much smaller so it's only 122 pages (unlike the edition I have on my Goodreads shelf which has 251 pages). So I've actually read closer to an equivalent of 56 pages, rather than 28. Ha, ha. That may be a silly work of validation, but hey, I like giving myself credit, I guess...

So, I didn't get nearly as much reading done today as I had hoped, but I was able to get some work done on other things that needed to be done, so I'm happy for the little bit of progress that I did make in Northanger Abbey. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better for my reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment