Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wicked Wildfire Readathon: Day 2




Books read today: Marie Antoinette, When Did I Get Like This?
All books finished: Refuge



11:30 am: I'm already off to a pretty good start today. I read a chapter of Marie Antoinette and then spent the rest of the morning on When Did I Get Like This? I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm not a mom. It actually makes me laugh out loud, which I rarely do while reading. (That makes me sound like a total Scrooge, doesn't it? I do laugh a lot normally, but I guess reading is too relaxing an activity to make me laugh.)


Today won't be quite as big a reading day as yesterday because a) I'm reading more leisurely since I'm not just trying to get through a book as fast as possible, and b) I need to plan the meals for this week and go grocery shopping, and I'm also considering making some bread. And I might throw in a load of laundry.

Can we all just take a moment to be grateful for laundry machines in our actual houses, that are free to use and don't even require quarters? This is the first time in four years that I've had that privilege. It's remarkably freeing. Our basement neighbors, who also use the laundry machines, have complained that the machines are a hundred years old. I don't even care. They are beautiful and I love them.

 Anyway, I've read about 90 pages so far today. Not bad! Hopefully I'll get some more good reading done today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment