Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bout of Books 11: Belated Wrap-Up


Well. I pretty much failed at the last 3 days of the readathon. I did do some reading, but I didn't post every day like I planned and then even my reading kind of fell by the wayside at the end. I finished some of my goals, but not all....



1. Finish Dreams in a Time of WarMarie Antoinette, and Raising Resilient Children.
I finished one out of the three. Er, not bad? I also got the syllabus for the class I was reading Dreams in a Time of War for, and since we're not reading it until later in the semester, I decided not to finish it until then (when I might have to re-read the rest of it anyway).

2. Make good progress on Aurora Leigh and The Da Vinci Code.
Well, I finished The Da Vinci Code so I would call that "good progress," but I didn't read much of Aurora Leigh. I'm still trying to decide if I want to try to stick with the e-book version or get a paper version from the library.

3. Start one new book and make good progress.
Hmmm...I kind of forgot about this goal. Ha, ha. Since I didn't finish all the books I wanted to finish, I never really picked up new book. I'm okay with that, though.

All in all, this wasn't my best readathon, but it probably wasn't my worst, either. I got pretty busy trying to finish up some things before school, so I don't feel bad about not doing amazing. This will definitely be my last readathon for quite a while, though. Next week I start school and then things are going to be crazy!

5 comments:

  1. But you read more than if you didn't participate in the read-a-thon, don't you think? That's something.

    I wasn't entirely satisfied with my read-a-thons either, but I did finish 13 books this month, so I'm happy with that.

    Good luck with starting school. I hope it doesn't get too crazy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I definitely did, so that's something. I was pretty amazed how you did with your readathons! 13 books in a month is awesome!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you got a lot done to me! I'm such a slow reader; your goals would be beyond me, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everyone has their own pace...I always feel really slow when I compare myself to some bloggers I know!

      Delete