Monday, August 18, 2014
Bout of Books: Day 1
Books read today: The Da Vinci Code
All books finished: None yet
I'm usually really bad at doing challenges in readathons. But I want to this time! So I'm doing the Scavenger Hunt challenge hosted by The Book Monsters. I found all the books for this challenge on my own shelves.
1. A book that starts with "B": Black Beauty
2. A book that has been made into a movie/TV show: The Great Gatsby (but Wives and Daughters works just as well)
3. A series you love: The Junie B. Jones series--I don't read many series now, but I loved Junie B. Jones as a kid.
4. An anthology of poems or short stories: Seagull Reader Stories and The Vintage Book of Contemporary American Poetry. Do I get bonus points for having both poems and short stories?
5. A book on your TBR shelf, or your full TBR shelves: This is my TBR shelf, officially, but I also have a bunch of TBR books that I didn't put on this shelf. (They wouldn't all fit.) All the books to the right of Angels and Demons are books I'm going to be reading for a class in fall semester. Woohoo!
Today wasn't exactly the most productive reading day in the world, but I did manage to focus a little bit on reading. I made a little more progress on Marie Antoinette and Dreams in a Time of War, even though the latter still doesn't hold my attention very well for whatever reason. Plus I got more into The Da Vinci Code. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get lots of reading time in!