So, I mentioned roughly forever ago that I wanted to join this challenge, and it only recently occurred to me that I never officially signed up. So here we go, officially signing up!
I think this challenge will be a fun way for me to keep up with my Classics Club list this year. Here are the categories:
Categories in red have been completed
1. A 19th-century Classic: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
2. A 20th-century Classic: A Room With a View by E. M. Forster
3. A Pre-18th or 18th-century Classic: The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
4. A Classic that relates to the African-American experience: The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (it doesn't deal directly with the African-American experience, but it's about the American South and has a few very key African-American characters)
5. A Classic Adventure: Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
6. A Classic that prominently features an animal: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
A. Re-read a Classic:
B. A Russian Classic:
C. A Classic Non-fiction title:
D. A Classic Children's/Young Adult title:
E. Classic Short Stories:
I'm excited to get into classics this year!
Thank you for joining the Challenge - and even taking on the optional categories! Their Eyes Were Watching God is on my list too... and A Diary of a Young Girl is one of my all time favorites. enjoy!ReplyDelete