Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon: Day 7



Sunday, Jan. 27th
# of pages read: 46
Books read:
Northanger Abbey
Books finished: 3
Total # of pages read: 395

6:00 pm: Well, I am soon to be finishing up this read-a-thon, and I am happy to say that I just finished Northanger Abbey! Finishing it was much more of a breeze than I expected, and the ending was delightfully sarcastic. Definitely the most sarcastic book I have ever read by Austen, and it's one of my new favorites of hers. 

All I have left to do is start Ivanhoe (I may or may not have already picked it up and distractedly read the first few pages, but I think I'd better re-read that part) in order to finish all my reading goals! Unfortunately, I didn't manage to complete my non-book goals, but hey, the read-a-thon is about reading, right? I think I'll read a good 5 pages of Ivanhoe so I can get to a full 400 pages read! 

I'm looking forward to reviewing My Life in France, Versailles: Biography of a Palace, and Northanger Abbey. All were great reads. Even though I wasn't exactly a reading machine this week, I surprised myself with how well I bounced back from it and finished three books (reading one in its entirety). I hope you had as much fun as I did this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment