Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon: Day 6



Saturday, Jan. 26
# of pages read: 36
Books read:
Versailles: Biography of a Palace
Books finished: 2
Total # of pages read: 349

9:43 pm: Well, today was a fail as a reading day, and yesterday was an epic fail of a reading day (hence, no update). My only excuse is that it's my birthday today and I just got a new job, so I've been running around buying necessary things and celebrating in my own little way (very few gifts but lots of time with family and friends). I brought my book to the DMV yesterday, but I actually had to wait hardly any time at all. So yay for that, but that meant not more than a page was read! (And they were playing the radio, which made it more difficult to read. Radio, in the DMV? Who's ever heard of such a thing? I guess they're not robots after all.) 

Anyway, I got to finish Versailles this evening, though! It was great to have it finished. That's one more book to check off on my Books on France and Nerdy Non-Fiction challenges. It was a very interesting book, but really left me with more questions than answers. (But maybe that's what a good book does...) Anyway, a review of it will follow pretty soon, once the read-a-thon is over. 

Now I just have Northanger Abbey to finish, and I'm still hoping I can tomorrow! I'll at least be able to get some good progress on it, since my husband is working and I'll have several hours to myself. 

But even though I haven't been reading, I've been doing bookish things. I saw Les Miserables last night (aaah, so good!) and I'm currently watching the 2008 BBC Sense and Sensibility. Two fantastic books and two fantastic movies! 

Well, see you tomorrow, when hopefully more reading will be done! Good luck to the other participants as you finish up your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment